.

.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring....

In our little part of the country, we are in our third day of rain!!! I have been grateful for the rain, I truly have. It's just that if it continues to fall Brian is finally going to have to get that boat the boys have been wanting because we won't be able to move around town in our cars!

This much rain tends to make work and school no fun. I would much prefer to be curled up on my couch in sweatpants reading a good book when the cold rain falls outside. Yet, God continues to send it down and I am reminded that He always knows what we need.

We are adapting to being at home more, and it has been a great thing for our family. The boys have started back up their yard business, partnering with some friends from church. It is funny to see which one of the four thinks they are the boss! Kamdyn has started physical therapy on her knee and even endured another shot of steroids in it yesterday. She is one tough little girl! She is patiently waiting to get into softball practice and has been content to just practice her batting for now.

I subscribe to Proverbs 31 Ministries and receive their daily devotion. I wanted to share the link for today's devotion because I thought it might be so relevant to some of you...

http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/when-you-miss-god-2013-02/

Recently I have been reminded that we have to be intentional about our relationship with God. I can look back over my life and see times when "life" crowded out the Giver of Life. I am not proud of those times and I realize that for God to increase in my life, I must decrease. I have to pour out my selfish desires and welcome the rain of His love and mercy and grace.


I love my iPhone as many of you know. One reason I enjoy it is because of the ability to take and send pictures, which our family regularly does. I have been meaning to share a few here on the blog and am just now getting the chance...



From time to time, Brendan and Ellie send me a picture while they are out. They sent this one several weeks ago when they were playing racket ball and it just made me laugh! If you know Brendan, you know he is typically above any kind of silly picture. This is one of the reasons I am thankful for Ellie because she brings out a less serious side of him. They may kill me for putting this picture of them on the blog...


Hunting season is over for us, but Brian and Kamdyn sent me this picture when they were out hunting one day. She loves to go hunting! Our kids have the greatest father, and I am so thankful he takes the time to make memories like this with them. She truly enjoys sitting in a deer stand with Brian!



This past weekend we worked at our local mission project and this is Koby and two of his best friends taking their break! These three have been together for nine years and they truly make me laugh!! They go to school together and have grown up in Sunday School and church together. I am thankful for the willingness they always have to serve and the ability to always have a good time. As you can see, mischief is never far away when they get together!

I hope you are dry and well wherever you are! I'm off to sit by the fire and finish my book while the rain continues to fall....

1 comment: