.

.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

And now I'm on my break...

FINALLY!!! School is out and our Christmas break has started. The boys welcomed their Christmas vacation with 8:00 AM basketball practice on their first two days out of school. However, Kamdyn enjoyed her time sleeping in and going to Christmas parties!

Brian and I celebrated our birthdays on Dec. 19. It is so hard for me to believe that the first time we celebrated together we turned 18 and 21! This time it was 36 and 39. I have known Brian over half my life now and the time has flown by! For those of you who don't know, Brian and I share the same birthday but we are three years apart. He jokes that this is why he married me..at least I think it's a joke. Anyways, we compared drivers license all those years ago to be sure we had the same birthday and sure enough we did so we have been celebrating together ever since then!

We enjoyed a birthday trip to Birmingham this year to celebrate. One of our great friends spent the night with the kids so that we could spend a night away at the Ross Bridge Resort (who thankfully offered a wonderful military discount so that we could afford to stay a night there). This place was amazing...

We ended up with an upgraded room that included this amazing balcony where we could see all over the grounds of the resort. Our room overlooked the putting green and also the amazing pool area...


Since the winter weather returned to our area in the form of some crazy north wind, we were unable to enjoy any of the outside night time activities. Around the pool were areas of seating with fire pits which would have been a neat thing to do aside from the north wind providing some COLD windchill!!  Of course the place was all decorated up for Christmas and as we left out to do some Christmas shopping Friday morning a nice guy took our picture...


Now let me tell you, Brian was such a good sport when it came to getting our Christmas shopping done. We had done some shopping when we got into town on Thursday and then found us some good dinner to eat! And good is an understatement because I had some of the best shrimp fettuccine Alfredo at The Cajun Steamer that I have ever had. We will be going back to eat at this little place for sure!

Anyways, back to the shopping. On Friday we headed out to the outlet mall, which was a great plan initially. Once we got there, we were reminded that this was an outdoor outlet mall...


...and it was nice as could be and we had even been there before. It was just that this time, it was freezing cold with a windchill in the 20s and we were not prepared for walking around all day in and out of stores with some freezing cold weather. So, we decided we would just hit the stores we knew we needed to shop in and forget those that were in the maybe column!!!

I love spending time with Brian!! It never fails that he can make me laugh and that he finds the funniest things to crack a joke about. Here is one example:


He remembered seeing this weird speed limit sign outside the outlet mall area last summer. I probably would've passed this right by but Brian made a funny joke about it and I'll never forget that it sits there. We also got behind this truck on our way home...


Now, what can you really say about a truck loaded down with bicycles that are ON TOP OF Christmas lights and I don't even know what else. I'm just thinking that I hope he (or his wife) was not counting on using those Christmas lights because I am pretty sure the pile of bikes tore them up. And plus the fact of the wind I mentioned!! I was worried one of those bikes was going to come loose and fly over on our car.

So, now we are back home and the packages are waiting for me to sort and wrap all the kids' gifts. My Christmas break has officially started and I am looking forward to spending the next few days cooking and reading and watching some good Hallmark movies. Who am I kidding? I'll be doing laundry and cleaning and watching whatever the kids find on TV but at least I can be doing any of those things in my pajamas and a comfy sweatshirt with no make up because now I'm on my break!

No comments:

Post a Comment