.

.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

And time is up...

Seems like I was just writing about my big plans for our Christmas break! I had big ideas for sure - Hallmark movies, pajama days and cleaning out some closets. Good thing I am used to never checking off all the items on my to-do list! Besides, isn't it Spring Cleaning not Christmas break cleaning?!

We truly have enjoyed our two weeks out of school! It was great to spend time with our family and we enjoyed a visit from our Texas family, too. We couldn't let time pass without playing basketball and so we even enjoyed that over our break as well. But sadly, the party is about to end! On Monday we head back to the hustle of school and work and life.

I can't tell you how many times I have thanked God for rest over these last few days. I have thanked Him for late nights and sleeping in! I have thanked Him over and over for blessing us with such a great family and friends and place to live. All in all, I have to say I have enjoyed our Christmas vacation. As we speak, or as I type, I am already looking forward to Spring Break and a big family trip to the beach this summer!

Time does march on! I can't believe football season is over, or it is for my Aggies anyway. If you missed our appearance in the Cotton Bowl, it truly was your loss. We had an amazing game! Brian was able to head home to cheer the Aggies on, but the rest of us watched them from our couch with friends. When Brian sent me the pictures early on of the stadium and their seats I was jealous I will admit. But, Jerry Jones is proud of his place and those tickets were more than Santa could pull off this year. Plus, I had all those plans for my break you know. I will be holding out for National Championship tickets next year!!!

I had some great pictures from our Cotton Bowl night and how we celebrated and what great seats Brian had but for whatever reason I can't upload them tonight. Apparently google is not such an Aggie fan. I'll include them in my next post so don't worry! I know you'll be excited to check them out.

Keep our family in your prayers as we get ready to gear up for another semester, the rest of basketball season and anxiously wait to see what the Air Force has in store for us. It seems as though our time of rest is up!





2 comments:

  1. And I gotto see my favorite GREAT niece who also got to visit East Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great break too, which I guess I get to continue - loved our visit and loved having Kam and Grace for a few days. - Love You

    ReplyDelete