.

.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

This is life...

I have not fallen off the face of the earth. However, I have been knee-deep in life this week.

Two times I have sat down to write out my blog only to stop and help Koby with major homework projects.



And why, for the love of all that is good, do teachers want to assign major projects in the same week as kids are getting out for Thanksgiving break? Oh, and also have three nights of basketball games? While I am under no false pretense that Koby possibly put these projects off until the very last minute, I still wondered if it was truly necessary to make an icosahedron (or whatever the element was) in a three dimensional ball of construction paper. Thankfully Brian took advantage of google so that we could assemble the element but let me say when a project takes student, mother, father AND google maybe the project is a bit much!

Brendan also tried to stay caught up on homework this week! The upcoming Thanksgiving break also meant tests for him.


He will also be studying for his first college semester exam over the Thanksgiving break. I am sure he is very excited!!

 
This was also a big week for Kamdyn! She finally got her bottom braces off. I may still be seeing dollar signs when I see her smile, but it is a beautiful smile to look at!


She was so excited to be getting them off before Thanksgiving! Her orthodontist truly did a great job and we are thankful for that.

I mentioned earlier that we had three nights of basketball this week. That certainly tends to slow down any time I might spend on the computer because well, we just aren't at home. I was so glad to see time run off the clock in the last game Friday night and know that this busy week had come to an end! I fully intended to spend my Saturday cleaning house, doing laundry and watching lots of good college football and for the most part that is exactly what I have done. I have come to understand the necessity of stopping and resting, instructions God gives us so that we don't wear out and wear down to the point where we are too weak to stand against Satan.

We all gathered around the TV today to cheer on our beloved Aggies in another win! The game might not have had the excitement of last week, but it is always good to come out with a win.

I have a few other stories to share with you all but for now I have to get back to my laundry pile. Hope all is well with each of you and that you are enjoying a restful and peaceful weekend in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment