.

.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Are you ready for some football?

This weekend flew by and now I sit here on Sunday night thinking where did the time go?

Friday night my family officially welcomed in football season and I for one am thankful to have it arrive! Up front I should tell you our high school team is not known for its winning seasons or college-bound talent. But for me, there is something about sitting under the lights of Friday night football that makes everything else in the world just seem right. Sometimes I still see a team run through the sign on to the field and find myself humming along to my high school fight song. I can remember every word! I'm grateful my parents carried us girls to all those games growing up. I have lots of fond memories watching the Brownsboro Bears in action. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to play calling but I did learn offense from defense and that big guys = big hits!! (This also reminds me of the year I spent as the "photoist" for the school newspaper but that is another story!)

Brian has drafted his fantasy football team this weekend and the boys are doing their research even now to be sure they have a successful draft as well. The NFL is already back in prime time on our TV. Yes, the boys of fall are beginning to make their appearance. However, I want to make one thing clear to the few followers I may have in blog land - there is one team I will faithfully be watching this year! One team that I can't wait to see take the field!! One team that has the best fans in all of football world!!!

 

SO GET READY SEC!!! THE AGGIES ARE ON THEIR WAY! Yes, I am ready for some football!! I can't wait for Game Day. I hope you are ready to!




3 comments:

  1. love friday night lights! I too am thankful for mom and dad taking us to the games. Miss my cheer days. I can vividly remember dad singing the fight song as I was getting my cheer stuff together to head out the door. "Oh when the Brownsboro Bears fall in that line..." Go Bears!! Go Ags! and i'll even say a Go Rams for you! love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday nite lights have always been fun times and now college ball is so exciting - Bring it on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gig 'Em Aggies! Whoop! BTW, Gracie now knows how to "Whoop" like a pro! :)

    ReplyDelete