.

.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Read all about it...

Today I have no special pictures to share and no exciting stories really (unless you want to hear about the marathon geometry lesson I did with Koby last night and here I might also add if you pray daily please lift this child UP!). Anyways, it is no secret that I love to read. The Kindle Fire my wonderful husband got me for Christmas has been the best thing since I toured the Library of Congress, a place so full of books I couldn't imagine ever picking just one and checking it out. But back to the Kindle Fire - I love to check the list of top 100 free books. As a warning to those of you who might be inclined to think this is a good idea...BE CAREFUL! There are some top 100 free books that deserve the triple rated R rating and that would be for the cover so I can't imagine the content. However, I have read some great authors by choosing books off this list and may be sharing some of those soon.

Not only do I love reading a good book but I am border line addicted to reading blogs about every day. I am going to share one with you today that I just love. Plus, I ran into the blogger this summer while I was in Birmingham totally unexpected! I know she had to think I was some stalker because I all but attacked her as I screamed out, "OH MY WORD! IS THAT YOU BOO MAMA?!" Her name is Sophie but her blog is http://boomama.net/ and she writes with the funniest wit and sense of humor. I can't wait to see her live at .MOM, a Lifeway women's conference in Birmingham for mothers off all ages and at all stages. Anyways, if you enjoy reading then you have to stop by her blog and let her entertain you. It's free, which we have established as being something I am a total fan of, and she is a huge college football fan on top of everything!

I am trying to determine what my blogging pattern might be and it is a stressful planning event! I am hoping to share a good recipe once a week, a good blog or book to read and if nothing else you can bet on a good family story just based on the revolving door that our home seems to have become. I never know who is dropping by, staying for dinner, staying the night or in need of a listening ear. So, stay tuned and visit with me when you can!

*If you are interested in more information about .MOM, click here:
http://www.lifeway.com/n/product-family/dotmom/?type=events&intcmp=iTeam3-Tiled-WomenMain-dotMOM

2 comments:

  1. WELL PERHAPS YOU DEAR DAUGHTER HAVE INSPIRED ME TO FINALLY BECOME A BLOGGER,,,I DONT USUALLY READ THESE BUT I MIGHT START NOW, AND WHO KNOWS, I MIGHT EVEN START ME ONE

    GOOD LUCK BLOGGIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one talented writer, my sweet niece! i enjoy reading every word you write. keep it up!
    love, auntie p

    ReplyDelete