.

.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012


This time of the school year does not blend well with my exercise pattern but the change in weather had me motivated yesterday. After I got home from school I decided it was a great idea to go for a run. Now, I haven't run in a few days weeks. Honestly, I haven't really DONE any significant exercise but I have had great intentions TO exercise and intentions should count for something.

So yesterday, after the rain was over and the blue skies came out, I decided it was the day to get back into it! You know that sense of determination you get, like you can conquer anything? That was me! I don't know if it was the cooler weather or the two donuts I ate for breakfast...just saying! (for the record our Krispy Kream donut store opened yesterday so everyone brought donuts to school and I could only say no so many times!)

Anyways, I actually did it! I did my 2 1/2 mile run/walk - more walk than run - and came home tired yet refreshed.

Today I found this quote and thought it was a good one to share here with all of you:


I'm thinking it might me by new motto!! Let's just say right now I'm pretty slow and I have no big plan to run a marathon or anything. But, just getting up and moving is a step ahead of sitting on the couch watching Everybody Loves Raymond reruns.

Like I said the cooler weather has arrived in north Mississippi and I for one am most thankful! This morning it was 48 degrees when we left for school!! At noon it was only 69! I can't even tell you how many times I had to say "thank you Lord for this day". Hope you are cooling off where you are as well! And maybe the cooler weather will also have you finding some exercise time.

1 comment:

  1. love it! maybe we can do a half marathon sometime in the future! that would be fun (maybe...)! have a great friday and wonderful weekend! love ya!

    ReplyDelete